Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Until last year...I shunned all things pumpkin.  Except for pie.  I really like pumpkin pie.  I turned up my nose at pumpkin bread/cookies/muffin/cupcakes and Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

I didn't know what I was missing!

I accidentally bought some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for my kids and my pumpkin ban was over!

Pumpkin now means tasting fall to me!  I love it!

UPDATE: I sent these muffins to my husband's office yesterday.  I really want them to like him...so I decided if they thought his wife was a kick ass cook that would help. Turns out...the bosses wife also sent in Pumpkin Muffins.  What are the chances?  Mine disappeared...and there were still many of her's left at the end of the business.  I think I won.



Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
A Connie Weiss original recipe!

1 2/3 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup plain pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and soda.

In another bowl, mix together butter, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.  Add this mixture to the flour mixture and then fold in the chocolate chips.

Spoon into a lined muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Store covered for a few days....but they won't last that long.

2 comments: