Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Walnut Room

We went to Marczyk's this morning and picked up a couple of beautiful pieces of meat for iKeith to smoke tomorrow and a few other things (like sausage and hot dogs that I'll tell you about later). They were having a sale because it's their 9th anniversary so everything was 10% off.

I also spent a little time in the wine shop and I think I could drink my way through it.  They seriously have a fabulous collection of reasonably priced wine.  Whoever is stocking this place is doing a great job!

We were hungry for lunch when we left and decided to head to Cherry Cricket for some burgers.  We tried for 20 minutes to find a parking space and gave up.

Our next stop was the Baker Neighborhood.  I knew we'd find something great and maybe have better luck with the parking.
The Walnut Room

My children always love pizza so we decided to try The Walnut Room.  I read on YELP that they had Chicago Style Thin pizza.  This made my husband very happy because he'd recently had a conversation with a co-worker about this kind of pizza and we were anxious to find some.

One thing that I liked about the menu was that they had 10 inch sizes so that we could try more than one pizza.  They also sell pizza by the slice for $2 each.  This works out great because my daughter eats a small amount but my son can eat two slices.  This ended up being much cheaper than buying them their own pizza. By the way....kids eat free on Monday.

2 thumbs up
I chose the Mediterranean Pizza ($8.25), garlic herb oil topped with Feta Cheese, fresh Baby Spinach, Artichoke Hearts, Red Onions, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Mozzarella.  I loved the sweetness of the tomatoes against the salty feta.  This was a fresh, crunch pizza and I loved every bite.


My husband, the meat lover....chose the Iron Maiden($6.50) which is just pepperoni, sausage and ham.  It was really good and reminded us of a pizza from our childhood.  I like some veggies on my pizza so this wasn't my favorite.  My husband loved it!


The Walnut Room also has a great selection of appetizers and sandwiches.  So much to try that I know we'll be back!



The Walnut Room
2 N. Broadway
Denver, CO 80203
303.736.6750
Twitter @TheWalnutRoom
Facebook The Walnut Room


I was not compensated for this post.....my family just loves pizza and I like to share what I learn with my friends.

Walnut Room Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment