Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pop Up Pancakes

Today....my first baby turns five years old. I always make a special breakfast for my kids when it's their birthday and I knew he'd like these. He ate them for breakfast and lunch. He ate them until they were gone. I made some of these in a regular muffin tin and some in a small tin and I liked the small one's better. I would reduce the baking time by 5 minutes if you do this.

bite sized


Pop Up Pancake Recipe
adapted from Make and Takes

1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon of vanilla
3 tablespoons of sugar
dash salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease your muffin tins.

Place all ingredients in the blender and mix until all of the flour is incorporated.

Pour into muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden on top.  When you remove them from the oven...they will collapse a little bit.  This is fine.

The insides are hollow....so you could pipe in some whipped cream but we just cut them up and served them with maple syrup on top.  They are addictive!

3 comments:

  1. I looooooove pancakes. These kind of remind me of pancake puppies that you can get at Denny's, except those aren't hollow.

    Hell - I love all breakfast food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. SO doing this for dinner.

    Yeah. We have breakfast for dinner all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What a great recipe! Thanks for sharing! I'll be making these soon for my pancake loving kiddos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete