Monday, October 4, 2010

Curried Lentils


I've mad a lot of beans lately for my slow carb diet....but I hadn't tackled lentils.  I like lentil soup so I was sure I'd like them prepared any other way.  I was right!

I also love curry so I thought this would be a great way to prepare them.  Even my kids liked them....although they were not sure about them to begin with.

Curried Lentils

1 white onion, chopped
2 carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 apple, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup uncooked lentils
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
4 cups water


Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low/medium and cook until done, about 70 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I made butternut squash and lentil stew in the crockpot - delicious! I love that you don't have to soak lentils before you can use them.

    ReplyDelete