Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lucile's Creole Cafe in Longmont

Before I moved to Utah....I had a long standing date in May with my friends from Greeley.  We'd go to breakfast (usually at The Egg and I) and then spend the morning buying flowers to plant at The Flower Bin in Longmont.

I wasn't much of foodie 5 years ago and would have never sought out a unusual restaurant.

I was missing out on soooo much!

I've been back in Colorado for 8 months and I was so excited to get our ritual started again!  I convinced my friends to go to Luciles Creole Cafe for breakfast.  I sent them the menu to peruse before hand and they were so excited!


We had to try the Beignets and they were so good...little fluffy pillows of dough!  My 4 year old daughter thought they were the most amazing thing she'd ever eaten.  I wish I'd just ordered her more of them for her breakfast....because the giant Rice Pancakes were just too much for her to handle.

Lucile's has several breakfast drinks to choose from.  I went with the traditional Mimosa and I loved that they brought me a small bottle of champagne, a carafe of orange juice and a lovely glass. Making my own was really fun!

For my meal...I knew I wanted to have a traditional New Orleans dish.  The Eggs Rockefeller jumped out at me because of the fried oysters.  This dish was so delicious and rich....the Rockefeller sauce was salted perfectly.  It arrived with a giant buttermilk biscuit that melted in my mouth, and grits and potatoes.  I'd never had grits before and I really liked them.

Lucile's Creole Cafe has five Colorado locations.  Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins, Longmont and Littleton.  If there is one near you....try it, you will not be disappointed!

Lucile's Creole Cafe
518 Kimbark Street
Longmont, CO 80501
303.774.9814

Lucile's Creole Cafe on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Beignets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEALOUS!!!!!

    And I love grits, I'm socked you hadn't had them before!

    I love all southern food, well except sweet tea (weird, right?).

    I'm pretty sure I was meant to be a big, blonde, southern belle or of course a British, tea drinking, princess....not really sure where I went wrong in life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in shock that you'd never had grits before!!! SHOCK!!

    The beignets and mimosa look amazing ... so glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me wantee go there.
    and i wonder if they are "man catching beingets", aahhh gad how the eff do you spell beingets?
    anywho looks tastey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your pics. This place rocks.

    ReplyDelete