Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spicy Creamed Corn

At Christmas time....I became a little bit obsessed with finding recipes that were different.  I was tired of green bean casserole and scalloped potatoes.

Once my husband had decided to splurge and make a Prime Rib...I knew that I was free and clear to find some new and exciting dishes!

I'm sooooo glad that we did.  I can honestly say that it was my most enjoyable holiday meal in a while.  In fact, I'm thinking of making the Brussels Sprouts again for Easter.

This dish was made for New Year's Eve when we smoked/grilled another Prime Rib.  I loved it so much that I ate the leftovers myself with lunch for a few days after.  That's right.  I did not share them with my family.

If you like a little spice in your food...you will love this.  My kids...didn't like it and I went light on the jalapeno.  Next time, I'll make it really spicy and not give them any.  Again.  I don't like to share.

Spicy Creamed Corn


1 stick of salted butter, room temperature
1 brick of cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 jalapeno, seeded if you are not adventurous, diced
4 cups of corn, drained if using canned


In a medium sized bowl combine the butter and the cream cheese.  Add the cheddar, jalapeno and corn. Pour into a 13 x 9 pan and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Stir before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm sounds delicious and I bet I could "veganize" it for my own enjoyment. :)

    ReplyDelete