Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coconut Curry Chicken

I love curry! We don't get out to Indian or Thai restaurants much because my children don't care for it so I've had to learn to make some of my favorite dishes at home.

This is my favorite and I make it at least once a month. My husband prefers when I make it with dark meat.



Coconut Curry Chicken

1 lb skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tbsp oil (olive, coconut, peanut)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp cayenne powder
salt to taste
1 can coconut milk

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and pepper, stir and cook until onion is soft.  Add the spices and cook for a few minutes.  Add the chicken and cook until almost cooked through.  Add the coconut milk, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve with white rice.

2 comments: