Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Hole

My friend Becca in Austin gave me a Restaurant.com gift certificate for Christmas.  I went through the list of restaurants for the Denver area and came across an interesting choice.  Beer and donuts!

I messaged my foodie friend Denise from Eat Play Love and asked her if she was in.  Without hesitation...she said Heck Yea! I may have had ulterior motives for inviting Denise to dine with me at The Hole.  She's a former vegetarian that lives in Boulder.  She's really into healthy eating and organic food.  And She's tall and skinny.


I had a secret weapon that I knew she wouldn't be able to resist. A donut sandwich.


 Just look how much she is enjoying her bacon, egg and cheese on a maple donut! She even tweeted that she's never known love like this before.  I think it was true love!

As a breakfast appetizer...we shared a Boston Cream Donut.  The filling to donut ratio was exactly how I like it.  The more filling the better! 
Boston Cream Donut
I'm a big coffee fanatic so I decided to try a cafe latte instead of just a plain ol' cup of joe.  Boy oh boy was I excited when this GIANT cup of creamy goodness arrived at our table.

Cafe Latte

I spent a good amount of time studying The Hole's menu before arriving and I'd decided on the Ham, Brie and Apricot Jam Donut Sandwich.  I was disappointed to find it was NOT on the menu when we arrived.  Our waitress made my day however, when she told us that it was on the lunch menu and they would happily make it for me.  JOY!

Ham, Brie & Apricot Jam..on a donut.
It was a delicious sandwich with a little bit of salty and a little bit of sweet!  Every bite was tasty and the flavors all melded together so well...like they were a match made in culinary heaven. I only ate half and brought the other home for my husband.  He he doesn't eat it today...I'm taking it back.


Look how cute this place is....and look at all of those donuts on the wall!


P.S. I created a foodspotting guide called Best Breakfasts in Denver!

The Hole
3877 Tennyson Street
Denver, CO 80212
720.379.6210
Facebook: The Hole
The Twitter: @theholedenver
Kid Friendly: YES!

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post or given any free donuts. I just love eating and sharing good food with my friends.

The Hole on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely tall. The skinny part, yeah not so much. Refer back to tall and you can't tell all the pounds I'm packing, it's like smoke and mirrors!

    Great choice. I guess it's my choice next time. I'm off to do some research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Have one for me to next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I want a Hole in Austin!!!!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete