Friday, January 11, 2013

Dawa Bar in Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom is one my families favorite parks at Disney.  I think it's because it's so authentic.  I really truly feel like I'm in Africa when I'm there. 

This park is special to me and Keith because we spent a day here on our honeymoon in 2004.  At that time it was a little smaller because they were in the process of building Expedition Everest (my kids call it Mt. Never Rest) and we couldn't wait to come back someday and see it.

I ended up chickening out.  I was worn out from our whirlwind Florida vacation and I didn't think the ride would agree with me.  I'm also a little bit afraid of heights.


What I did enjoy was visiting the Dawa Bar in Africa.  I had read up ahead of time about all of the places to get a cocktail in Disney World and this place stood out to me.

It looks like a real bar on a street in Africa, open air....patio type place.  They also serve African wine, beer and specialty cocktails.

I'm a sucker for a specialty cocktail!


African Margarita with Sauza Gold Tequila, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice   $8.75

Sugar Cane Mojito  with Starr African Rum and Sugar Cane Syrup mixed with Fresh Mint, Lime, and a splash of Soda   $9.75 

Both of these cocktails were delicious and refreshing!    I would have had more....but they were also strong and I was afraid I'd get Lost in Africa!


Linking up with Becca at R We There Yet Mom for Friday Daydreamin'. 



2 comments:

  1. I'll take one of each please!! YUM!!

    Thanks for linking up Connie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing - and I didn't even know that the bar existed! We tend to just snack on the run at Disney - really should start checking out some of the dining establishments.

    ReplyDelete