Friday, June 28, 2013

CSA Basket Week One

One of the parents at my school owns a few business that deal in organic vegetables and fruit.  She even owns a Hydrophonic Farm that I'm hoping to tour with the kids in a few weeks.  She graciously started a CSA at my school for the summer and I'm so excited about it.

It's a pilot program at the moment with just families from our Kindergarten class but if it works out, we'll open it up to the whole school!

I've always wanted to participate in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) so I'm really excited about it.  I can't wait to see what kinds of things we get and what I can do with them.

Here is our first basket!

This week's basket contains: Dozen Eggs, Curly Kale, Mixed Salad Greens, Bibb lettuce,  Gala Apples, Mini Seedless Watermelon, Limes, Rainbow Carrots, Red Onion, French Fingerling Potatoes, and Celery.

I don't think I've ever purchased Curly Kale before.  Does anyone know what the difference is?

No comments:

Post a Comment