Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Verde Shrimp Taco or Salad

I love Shrimp Tacos! What am I saying....I love tacos! I decided to make one of my favorite dishes....but paleo it up. Yes. Paleo is a verb.

If I wasn't trying to be strict....I would go ahead and eat the corn tortilla but instead my serving will have a bed of chopped lettuce under it.



Shrimp

2 lb bag frozen shrimp
1/2 can Salsa Verde
1 tbsp cayenne
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt

Thaw the shrimp, remove shells and tail and throw into a bowl.  Stir in  Salsa Verde and let sit for 30 minutes.  Add spices and stir.  Heat a deep skillet to medium heat and add 1 tbsp coconut oil.  Add Shrimp and cook, stirring around until the shrimp is pink and done.

Mango Salsa

1 ripe mange, peeled, chopped into small pieces.
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced (keep seeds if you like it hot)
1 small red onion, diced
The juice of one lime
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste


Peel and chopped the mango, chop the orange bell pepper, dice the jalapeno and red onion. Place all of the ingredients into a bowl with a lid.  Cut your lime in half and squeeze the juice in. Try to resist having a shot of tequila.  Add salt and cilantro.  Stir.  Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Assemble your shrimp on a corn tortilla or a bed of chopped lettuce (if you're paleo) and add Mango Salsa and slices of avocado. 

This dish is very delicious and satisfying!




1 comment: