Monday, July 11, 2011

Watermelon Gazpacho

In my quest to find No Cook Dinner's....I've found several soup recipes.

I really enjoyed this one and I served it with half of a wrap made with turkey and Swiss cheese.

My husband didn't like the soup....his comment was that he felt like he was eating salsa. *Connie rolls her eyes*

He would prefer not to see this on our table again. Luckily, he's not in charge and I will be making it again. Soon.


Watermelon Gazpacho
Fitness magazine

8 cups  finely diced seedless watermelon
1   medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
1/2   red bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup  chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup  chopped flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons  red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons  minced shallot
2 tablespoons  extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon  salt

Mix watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, basil, parsley, vinegar, shallot, oil and salt in a large bowl. Puree 3 cups of the mixture at a time in a food processor to the desired smoothness; transfer to another large bowl. Puree another 3 cups and add to the bowl. Puree the remaining diced mixture. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

1 comment: