Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Avocado and White Bean Wrap

I've officially run out of no cook dinner recipes. And now I'm onto a new diet that I'll be focusing on and suffering through the heat to cook them.

I'm going Paleo. So...coming up will be a bunch of Paleo friendly recipes and restaurants. I'm pretty excited about it and really hope that it works for me.

Back to the wrap. This was awesome. Hubby loved it and said it was even better the next day in his lunch. It's a little spicy and super tasty.


 Avocado & White Bean Wrap
adapted from Eating well

2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons minced red onion
4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas

Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.

Mash the beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in the cheese and onion.

To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.

Edited to Add:

I bunched the ingredients into the recipe thingy on My Fitness Pal and here is what the results are:

click to make bigger

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum!! Do you know about how many calories one wrap has?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds sooooo yummy! I can tear up some avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mighty M Let me figure it out real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome! Are you allowed to have dairy on Paleo? If so, I've been messing around with a few different dry ranch recipes to mix with plain Greek yogurt to avoid the MSG in the dry Ranch packs. We are totally hooked and put our "ranch" on just about everything. I'm eating a ton more veggies b/c of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Christina You can have some dairy. I'm only having enough to flavor my coffee in the morning.

    I'm going to miss my greek yogurt!

    ReplyDelete