Thursday, February 24, 2011

Le Central

My (available) Brother in Law Robert took me on a date last weekend. He let me pick an event and then he surprised me with dinner.

He proved that he's been listening because I took me to Le Central in Downtown Denver.



I've never had French food before so I've been excited for a long time check this place out. I was excited to try a few things that I've never had before.

We started with a bottle of  2005 Saint Emilion Grand Cru (Cotes Rocheuses).  It had a full, ripe flavor just like the menu said and it went down really easy.  It was the perfect wine to go with the choices we made.


I was walking on the wild side in my stilettos so I decided to try Escargot Bourguignons.  Our lovely waitress recommend this as a beginners dish and I was delighted with it!  Little escargots and mushrooms floating in a sea of butter.






Robert talked about how he always orders the Mussels with unlimited fries...also known as moules et frites!  I suggested that we share them and then share an entree.  He thought this was a fabulous idea!


I had my heart set on the Cassoulet du Central.  The menu describes it as white beans simmered with duck confit, sausage, pork, lamb, garlic, tomatoes and onions; topped with a pork sausage, duck confit and gratineed with breadcrumbs.  It is heaven in a bowl.  We stated that we wanted to share and they split the dish for us.


The nice thing about sharing dishes is that you have room for dessert!

I selected something for us to share and surprised Robert.  As it turned out...he's not a fan of chocolate so I got to eat most of it.  YAY me!


This delicious little gem is called Trois Chocolat.  It was lady fingers layered with white chocolate mouse, raspberry preserves and the topped with a dark chocolate ganache.  I loved every single bite!


Le Central
112 E 8th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203
303.863.8094
Open for Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week
Facebook Page

Le Central on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time - although I don't think I could eat Escargot even if I wasn't a vegetarian. Yay to you for trying new things!

    ReplyDelete