Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shipley's Do-nuts

Have you heard about Shipley's Do-Nuts?  If you live in the south you probably have.  Apparently, they have been around for 76 years.

When I travel I really like to eat things that are local and that I can not get in my home state.  Like I told you before, my folks have lived in Texas for 16 years and somehow I hadn't heard of Shipley's before.  I think my family was holding out on me. 

My sister ran to the closest Shipley's with my daughter on a beautiful (but cold) Sunday morning and my daughter was enthralled!  She thought that the store was pretty and that the selection was vast.

The person that helped them, handed her a bag of donut holes for free.  She was very excited to open the bag when she arrived back at her Grandparents house because the girl has never seen a do-nut hole before!


I've eaten a lot of do-nuts in my day.  They are one of my favorite treats and many of my childhood memories revolve around these wonderful dough pastries.  Shipley's Do-Nuts are the closest to the do-nuts of my childhood that I have ever come across. 

I was so happy that my kids were able to experience them and now we have a do-nut memory from Grandma and Grandpa's house. 

Do you have a favorite donut shop from your state? 

If you would like to try Shipley's you can find their locations on their website.  They are also on facebook and twitter.

Disclaimer: I was not paid to write about Shipley's Do-Nuts, but if given the chance I would blog for donuts.

1 comment: