Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day Fruit Cups

A few weeks ago, I found myself in charge of planning TWO Kindergarten Valentine Day parties.  I knew I was planning the one for my daughter's class but suddenly, my son's class was without a planner and you know I can't resist a challenge.   This is the only year that this will work because one party was in the morning and the other in the afternoon.   From this point on, I'm bringing a snack and sprinting back and forth between the two parties.

I've done my time!

I decided to be THAT Mom and plan some healthy snacks.  Fruit cups, organic pretzels, rice crispy treats with homemade marshmallows and beautifully decorated water bottles.

the young and the relentless is my OTHER blog.

I got an idea to cut the strawberries and watermelons into heart shapes.  Because I love love and I love Valentine's Day.  It really wasn't that hard to do, I just used a couple heart shaped cookie cutters.  They were a big hit with the kids!


The parties were fun and I love watching the kids do crafts and play games but I'm so glad it's over!







2 comments:

  1. I love that you're THAT mom! Way to go with the party planning! Maybe you were a party planner in your previous life??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have been because I love it so much!

      My next party is a 50th Birthday Party for iKeith!

      Delete