Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Better Muffins From a Box

Do you keep boxes of muffin mix in the party for emergency breakfasts? 





My kids love these blueberry muffins and I like to make them when they least expect it or if there is a holiday.  This week, I decided President's Day was a good time.

I decided to mess with the recipe a little bit.  Try to make them a little healthier and in turn, yummier.

I used olive oil instead of vegetable and cut the amount in half.  I added one smashed ripe banana and 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed.  This created the most moist and delicious muffins that I've ever made!  The kids loved them.


1 comment:

  1. Can you taste the banana very much?

    I'd kill for some moist muffins (mine are always way to dry).

    They look yummy! Also, I didn't know you could cook flax seed. Someone on FB told me it would lose its nutritional value. I haven't Googled it yet, just wondering.

    I'm going to try these :)

    ReplyDelete