Monday, July 9, 2012

The Ivy Gimlet

Back in May, I went on vacation to California with 6 blogger friends.  We rented a beach house in Huntington Beach and had a great time!

The highlight of this trip was our visit to The Ivy in LA.


Our favorite cocktail was The Ivy Gimlet.  I've been thinking about that refreshing drink for two months and finally decided to make one at home.  It was also helpful that I bought a package of mint for a recipe (Chilled Avocado Soup) and only needed a tablespoon of mint.  Left over mint means tasty gimlets!


I found a recipe online and tweaked it until I it was just like I remembered it.


I would like to note here that my husband disagrees that this is a gimlet and suggests that it's a mojito.  I'm just going by what the menu says at The Ivy. They call it a gimlet, therefore....I'm calling it a gimlet.

The Ivy Gimlet

3 sprigs of mint
ice
2 oz  vodka
1 oz simple syrup
juice from a 1/4 of a lime

Crush mint springs in a martini shaker with a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon.  Add ice, vodka, simple syrup and lime juice.  Shake for 15 seconds.  Strain into glass filled with ice.  Garnish with mint, lime slices and a straw or not.

Rinse shaker and repeat.




9 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good but Vodka and I aren't very good friends :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me sad. Vodka is a very GOOD friend of mine.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to make one this week!! All I need is some fresh mint...*adding it to my grocery list* Miss you, Connie!! Thanks for reminding me about the Ivy Gimlet!

    MWAH,
    JK♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy, JK!

      I miss you too!

      GET IN THE HOUSE CARL!

      Delete
  4. I need mint so I can make this like right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better yet....get a mint plant! That's what I"m going to do.

      Delete
  5. Oh my...how freaking fabulous! This looks delish and perfect for this miserably hot summer we're having here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I love mojito's too, they have sprite and/or tonic in them.

    ReplyDelete