Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pho Duy 6

I've been hearing about Pho (FAH) for a while now and I was curious. I've never eaten Vietnamese food before but I love trying new things so it was on my list of *things to eat before I die*.

In doing a little research....I discovered that many people that eat Pho, fall in love and want to marry Pho.

I was on a mission to find out if Pho and I were compatible. Would it be love at first sight?

I get together every six weeks or so with a group of local bloggers for some good food.  I thought this group would be the right people to have my Pho experience with and I was right.  A couple of us were Pho Virgins.

What Bloggers Do
Jolene, Rachel, Aimee
Jolene, Rachel, Aimee
Not Pictured: Ratna and Denise

We met in Broomfield at Pho Duy 6.  It is located right next to the Pacific Ocean Market Place....I'm told it is the most complete Asian market in the north Denver area.  I can't tell you if that is the case for sure....because I was too busy having happy hour drinks at 3 Margaritas.

Back to the Pho.

I ordered the Beef Pho (the non tripe one) in a medium.  It was more than enough food and I should have ordered the small. A plate is brought to the table containing Thai Basil, Bean Sprouts and Lime. Throw it all in your bowl....along with some of the sauces, some sweet, some spicy.  Heaven!

Beef Pho

I adore Bubble Tea (they called it Boba) so I ordered that too. It was wonderful and I just love those little tapioca balls. There were many *ball* jokes thrown about. I do love balls.

Mango Boba

Because I'm a glutton for punishment and my eyes are much bigger than my stomach. I ordered Shrimp Spring Rolls. They were good...but not great. I still say that Talk of The Thai in Lakewood has the best ones...but they call them Summer Rolls.

Shrimp Spring Rolls

I enjoyed my meal at Pho Duy very much....even though our server insulted me for being old. This place doesn't have a liquor license and when one of my friends asked why...he said they don't like to embarrass people by asking for their identification. He gestured around the table, saying that he'd have to card all of us but then pointed towards me and said well....except for you. Awesome.

I really would have loved a beer with this meal so next I'll be trying out Pho Pasta in Denver. It's closer to my house anyway.

I found this funny video about Pho. I feel the exact same way!






Pho Duy 6 on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. It was so awesome to see you gals... it was fun. I want to go back and get some bobo balls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun and funny night, not to mention yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh the picture with all of us looking at our phones is too funny. Great post. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the most fun I've ever had drinking at a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol, but does serve balls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pho is great, and I'm glad you have the balls to try it!

    ReplyDelete