Friday, June 24, 2011

Grand Marnier Zabaglione

We spent Father's Day at my brother in law's house eating our weight in deep fried and grilled fresh fish from his recent fishing trip to Alaska.

I made a couple dishes to go with it that I was not happy with. I'm planning to rework the recipes before sharing them because I think they have the potential to be great!

For dessert...I wanted something light and creamy. This fit the bill and was super simple and fast.

By the way...if you're wondering, Grand Marnier does come in a small bottle. It's not cheap so I'm going to looking for more ways to use it.


Grand Marnier Zabaglione

Grand Marnier Zabaglione
 adapted from Epicurious and Bon Appetit Magazine June 2009

Serves 4

Strawberries, Raspberries or Blueberries
6 large egg yolks
6 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
4 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoon sour cream
4 fresh mint sprigs (for garnish)

Whisk egg yolks, Grand Marnier, 4 tablespoons water, and sugar in medium metal bowl. Set bowl over large saucepan of gently simmering water. Whisk until mixture becomes thick and foamy, for  3 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk 1 minute longer. Whisk in the sour cream and pour warm zabaglione over fruit. Garnish with mint sprigs. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment