Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Marco's Coal Fired Pizza


On Saturday we went down to see my husband's new office and we decided to try one of the restaurants that he walks past every day.

My children love pizza so that is always one of our first choices when choosing a restaurant and we wanted to find a replacement for our favorite Utah pizza joint.

I was pleasantly surprised with Marco's Coal Fired Pizzeria.  It's not your average pizza...it's gourmet with the finest ingredients. See the menu here.

I convinced my husband that we should try the Staten Island Pie...Genoa Salame, Fresh Mozzarella, Pecorino Romano and San Marzano tomato sauce.  We asked for Prosciutto to be put on it too and it was amazing! 


Coal Fire Oven
My favorite bites were one's that had a piece of fresh basil on it....and the freshly grated parmigiano and red peppers.  Perfect! 

They also brought out balls of pizza dough for the kids to play with...we appreciated this so much!


I was thrilled to see that they had Prosecco on the wine menu and the addition of this Italian sparkling wine to my meal made it feel like a party!

My husband tried the Guava Mojito and he liked how refreshing it was.  He claims he can make these at home.  I'm going to insist that he does!

Guava Mojito

They also have an adorable outdoor patio with a fire pit.  I would have loved to sit outside but it was 90 degrees and our children were already melting.



Marco's Coal Fired Pizzeria
2129 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80205
303.296.7000


Marco's on Twitter

Marco's Coal Fired Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment