Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wynkoop Brewing Co.

A few months ago we were traipsing around Downtown Denver because we were participating in a scavenger hunt for Denver Arts Week and it brought us to Wynkoop Brewing Co.  We were hungry so instead of just having a pint of beer we decided to eat lunch.

I love cheese steak sandwiches so I was really excited to see one on the menu.  The thinly sliced steak was really well seasoned and the onions, peppers and mushrooms were tender and juicy.  Fabulous cheesy goodness!  I ate all of it and most of the fries too.  I was hoping that all of the walking would counter-balance the calories.


My husband was in the mood for breakfast so he ordered from the brunch menu.  He loved his Eggs Benedict and even ordered a side of pancakes.  It went great with his beer.  Weirdo.



We had the kids with us and they ordered a root beer and the kids Mac and Cheese.  As soon as it came to the table I knew I was going to be eating some of their meal too because it was made with white cheese.  I was almost reluctant to let them eat it because if they really liked it...they may never eat the boxed Mac and Cheese again!


By the way, they also make an adult sized version with beer bread crumbs and you can add chicken or sausage to it.  YUM!

Wynkoop Brewing Co.
1634 18th Street
Denver, CO 80202
303.297.2700
Twitter
Facebook

1 comment: