Saturday, November 24, 2012

Leftover Mashed Potatoes

When I was growing up my Mom didn't like to make gravy.  I've inherited her dislike of gravy and tend to go with the jarred variety.  Especially when my turkey is missing a few things like giblets.  You thought I was going to say legs, didn't you?

Much like my Mother, I have extra mashed potatoes and no gravy.

I decided to whip up some potato pancakes to go with our leftover turkey and dressing.

They were a huge hit and now I think I'll make mashed potatoes just for this recipe.


Potato Pancakes
makes 8 pancakes

2 cups of mashed potatoes
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup heavy cream (you know you have some of this left too)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine mashed potatoes, flour, milk, egg, onion powder and salt.  Plop (this is a known cooking term, trust me) medium sized mounds of potato mixture onto a pan that contains a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil.  Fry over medium heat for a few minutes, until the under side is getting brown.  Turn the pancakes and smush(yes, spellcheck...smush is a word) with the spatula.  Cook for another couple minutes until that side is brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment