Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Menu 2011

Do you ever look at your family tree and wonder what Christmas used to be like before your great, great, great grandparents came to America?

My family came from Sweden and Norway, they settled in Northern Minnesota in the early 1900s. There is very little about the Christmas of my childhood that resembles what they would have had in the old country. Only lefse. I love lefse!

I decided that this year I would try to bring some of my background into our Christmas and I was very pleased with how everything turned out!  Recipes will be posted tomorrow.


Scandinavian Christmas Eve
  • Gravlax on Rye Crisp Crackers with cream cheese, red onions and capers
  • Gravlax on roasted potato rounds with capers
  • Cucumber Salad
  • Lefse
  • Rise Pudding
  • Mulled Wine

rise pudding
Brie with Cherry Preserves and Walnuts
Christmas Day
  • Brie with Cherry Preserves and Walnuts
  • Spiral Sliced Ham
  • Scalloped Potatoes
  • Waldorf Salad
  • Bavarian Cream Torte from Rheinlanders Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment