Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Coffee Talk: Whole Foods

I have a passion for coffee. I like Starbucks but I also like to check out Non-Starbucks coffee shops because there is so much great coffee out there in the world. I've been visiting some local shops so I thought I'd document them here.

Good Cookie
Every week I take one of my kids on a date.   The one who is not on a date goes to spend two hours with Nana.  We've been doing it for several weeks and once the temperatures got cooler...it started to include a stop at a local coffee shop.

On this outing with my daughter we had been to the Library and then we went to Whole Foods for a few groceries.  What a bonus that they have a coffee shop located right next to the bakery!

On the menu:
  •  Blueberry Fritter
  •  Chocolate Chip Cookie
  •  Hot Chocolate with Whip Cream
  • Allegro Coffee
I selected the fritter because Mallory wanted a doughnut and this was the closest thing they had to one.  Imagine that!  No doughnuts at Whole Foods.  I was skeptical about it but it was great!  In fact...Mallory took a bite and let me eat the rest.  She was very happy with the cookie.  Mallory gave the Hot Chocolate 2 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how good the hot chocolate would have to be to get a 5! Fun date!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find out VERY soon! We had a 5 this week!

    ReplyDelete